Senior Storage Engineer
Responsibilities / Project Details:
- Define and refine work items by an on-going why-what-how-conversations with customers and stakeholders
- Do simple design, use refactoring to keep a design clean, and use patterns in a style of balancing planned and evolutionary design
- Keep code (and infrastructure as code) simple and clean by refactoring, having a high quality (measurable) code base and by deleting bad code.
- Design and apply continuous verification techniques and methods in the delivery pipeline to receive feedback about the quality of the product being produced.
Design, create and maintain a continuous delivery pipeline to deliver added value to stakeholders in a secure, safe and high-quality way
- Design, create and maintain environments which can be easily provisioned, monitored regarding to overall health and performance,and in which we can easily measure (or derive) if expected added value is created or not. Closing the feedback loop.
- Weighted knowledge about NetApp storage solutions (ONTAP (cDOT), StorageGRID, SnapCenter, NetApp TR’s, OCUM, Harvest/Grafana, SnapLock)
- Core system administration skills
- Backup/recovery for environment
- Scripting (POSIX/BASH/TCSH)
- Thorough Linux knowledge
- Opnessl, ssh, rsync
- NAS, files systems, NFS, autofs, iSCSI
- SAN, iSCSI, backup, Switch knowledge
- Knowledge on VMware
- Create (detailed) design
- Programmingskills Python and Git
- (Rest) API, YAMLand Ansible or comparable
- ServiceNow programming and Splunk knowledge is a plus
- Infrastructureas code be familiar with the concept and know how it should be done
- Multi-Sports Card