- Kantar is one of the world’s leading providers of data, knowledge and consulting services.
Kantar Media as one of Kantar´s divisions, supports our customers with tailor-made solutions to optimize their PR and communication strategies with services in the areas of media monitoring and media analysis.
- We support our customers with technology for data collection on websites and devices
Operate a globally highly available data collection service
- Operate a cluster with modern big data technologies and modern data analytics technologies.
In order to be able to offer this with the desired quality, agile development, CI / CD, test automation and DevOps are topics that we constantly try to improve and live.
- As a (Senior) Software Developer you will cooperate with our team in Saarlouis, Germany.
- This team mainly focuses on digital audience measurement.
- The topic includes the collection and processing of usage data from websites, mobile platforms (e.g. iOS, Android, etc.) and all other platforms (e.g. SmartTV, Game Consoles, etc.) that are relevant for measurement of simple use, streamed content, advertising, etc.
- Development and maintenance of services and components for data processing
- Conception and provision of data structures and interfaces for data processing
- Conception, provision and support for data workflows and integration of third-party data
Close collaboration and support of local and international teams
- University degree (e.g. business informatics, computer science) or training in IT & Technology
- Very good communication skills in English (German advantageous)
- 3+ years of experience in Software Development, especially in Data Processing
- Very good knowledge of Linux OS and Bash
- Very good knowledge of one OR more languages: Python, Scala, Java
- Good knowledge of SQL
- Good knowledge of actually Big-Data
- Technologies: Spark, Hadoop, MapReduce, Hive, Kafka, etc. is an advantage
- Knowledge of technologies like Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, Azure Cloud Technologies is an advantage
- Knowledge of ML/AI Technologies is an advantage
- Experience with version control systems: Git, SVN
- Very good data understanding and data analytics skills and methods
- Curiosity and passion to learn and try new technologies again and again