- Within Model Risk Management we are looking for Senior Specialist who will be contributing to the corporate validation function, dedicated to a specific area of the business (credit risk, forecasting and statistical models).
- The models make estimates that are a key input to management decisions and are reported to Senior Management and the Board of Directors on a regular basis.
- The role will be to execute the enterprise standards for model validation and performing model reviews.
- The incumbent will be responsible for identifying and evaluating model risk and engaging model owners and business users to agree on possible controls.
- Incumbent must be able to provide intellectual leadership in terms of conducting cutting-edge research, identifying latest trends and developments in modeling, and recommending alternative solutions to analytically challenging problems.
- The incumbent should be an expert in credit risk and statistical modeling area.
- For a modeling area, creates validation and review schedules and ensure analyst resources are assigned to the project
- Executes enterprise standards for model validation, by setting the scope of a validation effort for models across a modeling area.?? This entails designing the tests and review activities necessary to evaluate a model or suite of models.
- Evaluates the strengths and weaknesses of a model’s conceptual framework to identify situations where a model may become less useful.
- Helps to review the accuracy of reports and calculations performed by less experienced colleagues.
- Engages model owners and business users of models to agree on possible controls that have been identified as part of a validation effort by analysts.
- Has the authority to approve changes to existing models and initiations of new models.
- Master’s Degree/PhD in a quantitative discipline, including engineering, mathematics, physics, statistics, econometrics.
- The candidate must have a superb quantitative and analytical background with a solid theoretical foundation coupled with strong programming, documentation and communications skills.
- 5 years with Masters or 3-years with PhD required.
- Must have experience with complex quantitative modeling, numerical analysis, and computational methods using programming languages (such as R, Python, C/C++, C#,
- Java, FORTRAN, MATLAB, SAS) as well as mathematical/statistical software packages.
- Must be extremely focused, detail oriented, results oriented and highly productive.
- Must have a proven track record of being able to efficiently and effectively conduct independent research, analyze problems, formulate and implement solutions, and produce quality results on time.
- The candidate must have excellent scientific and technical documentation and presentation skills, assertiveness & influencing skills, and the skills to explain abstract theoretical concepts to a non-expert audience in easy-to-understand language
- Full time contract of employment
- Competitive salary
- Health & Life Insurance
- Multisport card / Cinema Tickets / Nursery subsidiary
- Pension scheme
- Excellent opportunities for training, growth and professional development
- Opportunities to engage in diverse projects due to growth of business migrations
- A multitude of opportunities to get involved in additional charity projects
- A collaborative culture and great teams