Roles and Responsibilities:
This position assists staff with technical support or desktop/laptop computers, applications, printers and related technologies.
Involves managing team over 10 desk side agents
- Assists staff with installation, configuration and ongoing usability of computers and peripherals within established standards and guidelines
- Works with vendor support contacts to resolve technical problems
- Participate in incident handling concerning desktop changes.
- Participate in projects concerning bigger desktop changes, for example rollout of new antivirus.
- Environment knowledge (desktop & server).
- Have some level of technical understanding of the products building up a desktop service.
- Experience from the desktop environment.
- Ensures that computers connect seamlessly with diverse systems including validation systems, file servers, email servers, application servers and administrative systems.
- Provide weekly reports
- Implement best practices
- Be the single point of contact with customer
- Managing a minimum of 10 members on service desk or desk side
- ITIL V3 certified
- Exposure on managing remote sites
- Phone support experience necessary.
- Technical helpdesk or technical call center experience is necessary.
- Disciplined, systematic problem solving skills required.
- Windows and Novell Operating systems
- Clients: Windows7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2000
- Servers: Windows 2000, Windows 2003, Windows 2008,
- Knowledge of Active Directory, Novell eDirectory, Lotus Notes and Exchange 2003/2007
- ITSM ticketing tools such as Remedy, HP Service Center, Peregrine Service Center
- Remote desktop connectivity applications like SMS, Bomgar, WebEx, Live Meeting, and Windows Native tools
- MS Office Suite (XP, 2003, 2007): MS-Word, MS-Excel, MS-PowerPoint, MS-Outlook, MS Project, and MS Visio
- Internet browsers (e.g. Explorer, Chrome, Firefox),
- VPN and remote dial-in users
- Support for laptop, desktops, and printers
- PDA and blackberry support
- Apple Ipad Device support
- Others: Adobe Acrobat and other common desktop applications like Winzip, etc
- Excellent communication and conversation skills (Verbal and Written)
- Good documentation skills [B2 LEVEL]
- Should have a great customer handling skills
- Able to handle unforeseen situations
- High level of acceptance
- Willing to work on rotating 24X7X365 shifts – No travel
- Preferred MCP/MSCE/MSCA or HDI CSS
- ITIL knowledge of V2 or V3 especially on Service Desk, Incident, Problem, and Change Management preferred