This position assists staff with technical support or desktop/laptop computers, applications, printers and related technologies.
Involves managing team over 10 desk side agents.
- Assists staff with installation, configuration and ongoing usability of computers and peripherals within established standards and guidelines??.
- Works with vendor support contacts to resolve technical problems??.
- Works with service desk and RDS as appropriate to determine and resolve problems received from clients????.
- Responds to support requests from service desk, users and other infrastructure
- Performs upgrades as directed to ensure the longevity of equipment????.
- Keep track of request and make sure they are implemented as planned.
- Participate in incident handling concerning desktop changes.
- Participate in projects concerning bigger desktop changes, for example rollout of new antivirus.
- Microsoft environment knowledge (desktop & server).
- Have some level of technical understanding of the products building up a desktop service.
- Experience from the desktop environment.
- Ensures that computers connect seamlessly with diverse systems including validation systems, file servers, email servers, application servers and administrative systems.
- Provide weekly reports ??.
- Implement best practices ??.
- Be the single point of contact with customer
Technical Requirements :
- Managing a minimun of 10 members on service desk or desk side.
- ITIL V3 certified
- Exposure on managing remote sites.
- Phone support experience necessary.
- Technical helpdesk or technical call center experience is necessary.
- Disciplined, systematic problem solving skills required.
- Windows and Novell Operating systems
- Clients: Windows7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2000?? ,Servers: Windows
- 2000, Windows 2003, Windows 2008,
- Knowledge of Active Directory, Novell eDirectory, Lotus Notes and Exchange 2003/2007.
- ITSM ticketing tools such as Remedy, HP Service Center, Peregrine Service Center??.
- Remote desktop connectivity applications like SMS, Bomgar, WebEx, Live Meeting, and
- Windows Native too.
- VPN and remote dial-in users.
- MS Office Suite (XP, 2003, 2007): MS-Word, MS-Excel, MS-PowerPoint, MS-Outlook,
- MS Project, and MS Visio??.
- Internet browsers (e.g. Explorer, Chrome, Firefox),
- Support for laptop, desktops, and printers??.
- PDA and blackberry support??.
- Apple Ipad Device support????.
- Others: Adobe Acrobat and other common desktop applications like Winzip, etc.
Soft Skills?? :????
- Should have a great customer handling skills????.
- Excellent communication and conversation skills (Verbal and Written)?? in ??English ,
- German and French?? .?? Able to handle unforeseen situations?? ??.
- High level of acceptance .
- Willing to work on rotating 24X7X365 shifts – No travel?? ?? .
- Other Skills / Experience?? .
- Ability to successfully provide hardware/software/network problem analysis and
- resolution support over the phone.
- Personal dedication to providing high quality, superior service at all times.?? Ability to
- finish what is started is a must.
- Ability to integrate as a cross-functional, team player in a fast-paced environment where
- all information is shared.
- Ability to learn new information quickly and the willingness to do so at all times.
- Ability to work flexible hours from time to time to cover for other help desk staff and to be
- on call via pager during the week.
- Customer Focus.
- Teamwork .
- Technical Expertise.
- Interpersonal Effectiveness.
- Concern for Order and Quality .
Years of Experience????:
- Total?????????????? :?? 3-4 yrs of University education post High school (B.Sc. or Diploma)
- Relavant :???? 2 – 3+ years of help desk/desk side, customer service, and support experience with problem solving involving hardware,
Certification requirements?? ?? :
- Preferred MCP/MSCE/MSCA or HDI CSS
- ITIL knowledge of V2 or V3 especially on Service Desk, Incident, Problem, and Change
- Management preferred
Education requirements?? :
- Two year associates degree in related field